
I have a boyfriend! He is wonderful and I feel very lucky to have him in my life. For the past month or so that we have been dating, I have been (and still am) on Cloud 9. Sigh... :)
And Matt posted entries on his blog about me, which made me happier than he could have imagined, or maybe he knew I'd like that...but anyhow, it meant a lot to me that he opened up and shared with his friends details about this person he is dating, even encouraging them to ask questions about me. I think putting my feelings out here in cyberspace about a significant other is kind of daunting, but I wanted to reciprocate as some sort of gift to him. Also, it's fun to ramble about how happy he makes me for any friends willing to read the sappiness. Here goes!
Soooo, here's the lowdown before I disappear into thesis land again. His name is Matt, he is my age, computer engineer, and he is an awesome improviser, a hobby he participates in for fun. He performs with his troupe and at other shows, too, and I think he is so funny and charming onstage as well as off. Matt also performs in improv shows for kids, how sweet is that. I'm biased, but it's the truth! And get this, he started doing improv to overcome shyness. What the heck? I'm not particularly shy but I couldn't imagine performing onstage without a script. Get me a script and I'm your ham, but not improv. I have lots of admiration for this man of mine.
Matt told me, without begging on my part, that since I love to go dancing so much, we can take dance lessons together and then he'll take me dancing. We're going to start swing dancing next week. I can't wait.
We have lots of stuff in common. He likes board games, too, and on one of our dates we played three rounds of Scrabble in a row! Anyone willing to play games, and repeatedly, without getting sick of it is awesome in my book. And we're a good match, too, we both have to put our game faces on to try to win. I taught him how to play Spades so we're playing some cards, too. He isn't a Monopoly fan but I am willing to see past this. ;) . He also likes hiking and we both have been to Mt. Rainier, Grand Tetons, and Rocky Mountain National Parks (I think that's all of them!) He is super silly like I am so we can be playful and random together! We share fondness for Lost, nature, fresh bread, crossword puzzles, cuddling, and dark chocolate.
He is really picky about dating, too. He somehow likes to do the little things that make me happy, or knows what I appreciate and does those things for me. He is also really easy to talk to and I love talking to him about everything. On one of our dates, we stayed up all night, just chatting about everything and anything.
Matt is a master at puns. He even won second place at The World Championship Punoff held here in Austin for his mad skills.
Last weekend, we went camping at McKinney Falls State Park with his work friends and I had so much fun with him. Two weekends from now, he is driving to Houston with me to meet my family and celebrate my birthday. I get to introduce him to my family and friends so they can see for themselves how awesome he is. Yay!
He now has to put up with the ups and downs (okay mainly downs so close to deadline) of my thesis writing process. I feel badly that he had to start dating me at this time but it's nice to have his support. Just thinking about him can temporarily soothe me from the stress of it all.
More soon, I'm sure...
2 comments:
A man who appreciates dark chocolate himself demands great appreciation. Seriously, though, what a darling! You two sound well suited, except for one thing: the timing of it! What a perfect, enchanting way to occupy your time. Thesis? What thesis?
I passed my thesis defense! Let the fun begin. :)
Post a Comment