All I know is I was sound asleep the other night when a particularly feisty bolt of thunder woke me up. Here it is--5 AM--I was moments ago sleeping peacefully, and my groggy self drifted to memories of Kisses being afraid of storms, shaking like a leaf, and my holding and consoling her. It was a sweet memory but there I was, half asleep and near tears as I remembered the little pup after having her away from my thoughts for a while.
Then this afternoon, I went to pick up Jell-O chocolate pudding because my parents used to always make it for me, I love it, and it can't be that hard to make myself. Granted, I've taken years to rise to this minutiae challenge, but that's not the point. As I toss the package into my cart, I recall my recent hankering for banana pudding. I grab the banana cream Jell-O mix and head to the crackers section. As I toss Nilla wafers into my cart, thoughts of my Nana flood my head. There was never a time, at least that I can remember, that her apartment was not well stocked with a cracker assortment spread of Nilla, Ritz, and Wheat Thins boxes. I miss her.
The good news to end on is that Kisses and Nana may remain comfortably tucked in my thoughts BUT Matt I shall see shortly!
No comments:
Post a Comment