Okay, this takes the cake: Christa and I were playing Spades the other night while listening to Moby. What we didn’t know was I’d accidentally put the same 4-minute song on repeat. It took us about TWO HOURS to notice we were listening to the same song.
I could play Spades for hours on end and never get sick of it. For an entire month in Switzerland, Christa and I would play Spades during our daily train rides to various towns, averaging at least 2 hours of quality playing time a day. I could probably play Monopoly for a long time, too, before getting bored. Unfortunately, many years later, Rebecca will no longer play it all the time. Last summer, I went on a Scrabble spree and convinced most of my friends to play at least once.
I am addicted to candy. I need to stop picking my nails. And biting my lip, something I started doing a year ago. When I was little and an avid Sweet Valley Twins reader, I wished I were a twin. Now I wish to have twins. (Not sure where I’ll stash them, though.) I used to enjoy knocking the 300+ Sweet Valley books off my shelves and leafing through them while reorganizing them onto my shelves. Certain songs make me want to jump around and dance like a fool (like Elaine’s “little kicks” in Seinfeld). I have no qualms about acting on this impulse. When I’m excited about something, I get fidgety. When I lived alone in DC for a summer, I enjoyed talking to myself in my apartment. Sometimes I’d crack myself up. I miss my Orphan and especially Henri characters from And Baby Makes 7; they were cool. But my friends don’t support their presence. When I ate my first Cliff energy bar on a bike ride, I got really hyper and started singing and pedaling fast. After biking 60 miles of steep hills in Chappell Hill, my face turned purple. When I’m awake for too long, I start to get loopy. Combined with sugar & caffeine, I find everything amusing, especially my thoughts. I have been known to crack up over absolutely nothing. I become very girly around bees, wasps, ants, and roaches. Webmd.com stimulates my neuroses. For an internship application requesting (optional) a small photo, I sent in a picture from And Baby Makes 7, where I’m in the kitchen brandishing a plate over my head like a hat and dancing. And they liked it, but that’s not the point. Did I mention I love squirrels? And penguins, but not as much. I am finally comfortable with my body. Even in a skirt. It’s a great feeling. Whoever I am at the moment, I’m okay with it. I am me.

No comments:
Post a Comment