When I was moody a few days ago, I thought of the stormcloud on MarioKart for Wii. It's the only unwanted item you can pick up and the only way to get rid of it is to run into another kart. Until you shake it off, it hovers right above your head and rains and thunders on you. For some reason, this image stuck in my mind and I pictured an animated stormcloud persisting above my head. Another random connection--on an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, this literally happens to Sabrina when she is upset. At any rate, turning my moodiness into a cartoonish metaphor made me feel a little better. :)
----
I went to a step class at the gym the other night. On the way there, I realized the last step class I'd taken was in Salamanca. Talk about awkward, my first time with step and it was taught in Spanish. The instructor taught and reviewed step movements but Spanish dance moves were presented as prior knowledge. I almost didn't want to go to this class so step memories could stay steeped in Spain. But how silly is that?!
While I was setting up, the instructor introduced herself to me and asked if I'd taken a step class before. I said yes, a few years ago in Spain so hopefully I'd have an easier time of it here and smiled. She explained that there are terms for step that are specific to the form but to hang in there and I'd get the hang of it. I didn't think much of this because I pride myself on catching on to footwork more easily because of my strong dance background.
Wow, was I wrong. For starters, she did double step so we all had two step benches, one in front of the other with space in between. There was lots of turning and weaving over, around, and between the two benches. I was definitely facing the wrong way a lot of the time. I didn't reach my limit, but my face turned redder than usual. Great workout, I'll be back...
----
Today, I did another thesis residency and again, did not function well with little sleep. Between class periods, I went to Central Market to save myself time later. But I switched purses and had not a credit card nor cash in sight. Fail! They refrigerated it for me until I was able to come back for it.
I went to HEB seeking a specific planner that they did not have and then thought I'd surprise my roommate with food she likes. But then I left it in the car. Fail!
----
The Daily Juice, this amazing health food bar, has a new location nearby! I got The Subliminator: blueberries, cherries, banana, apple juice, brown rice protein, spirulina, flax seed oil, peanut butter, and goji berries (add-in). Yum! I am growing into my "granola Austin" culture.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Could that be the Perfect Smoothie?! I, too, went shopping without my wallet yesterday. Not fun.
You know, I think it even trumps CM smoothies, but only by a little bit! :)
Your adoring public wants more blog posts. :)
Post a Comment