Friday when Matt got home from work, I surprised him with a Texas-sized chocolate AND glazed donut I picked up from Round Rock Donuts. This donut was bigger than his head! He enjoyed the treat, which of course I helped him eat over the next two days. Later that night after his improv show, Matt took me to Jasper's and I relished a triple chocolate martini and his company.
Saturday brought crisp weather and a lovely blue sky and light breeze so Matt and I took to the backyard and played board games on the covered patio for hours. We acted silly, relaxed, and just played. Then we caught a quick trip to the gym for a workout, ate dinner, and cleaned up before heading downtown for my second improv performance with the troupe Continental Breakfast. I was nervous but did okay, better than the previous week, and Sarah came to watch me.
Then Sunday morning, Sarah and I breakfasted together and afterwards I played computer games with Matt. He played something on his computer involving attacking each other's land and I started a fresh game of The Sims 2, which I have barely ever played. It was very satisfying to surrender my time to a ridiculous computer game. :) Then Matt and I played video games together, rocked out on Guitar Hero (he played guitar and I sang!) and played Spades and Casino card games. We polished off our evening at an Ethiopian restaurant. It was his second experience with the cuisine and my first. We got to eat with our hands, save for the spongy paper we wrapped around food. It was pretty good, but heavy and we were immobilized for the rest of our evening.
1 comment:
Now that is what I call a weekend!!! Since you have my favorite if defunct game system -- chec out Rampart. It's a combination battle game and Tetris! Dave and I used to spend HOURS on that game.
Lots of love!
Post a Comment