Yeah, that has nothing to do with anything but I really like the quote. I guess a better title would've been So Much To Say, to name another Dave Matthews Band quote. But let's not analyze this further, though we know I love to overanalyze. I've waited too long to update and have been itching to/putting it off/in a drug-induced stupor so I can't make this blog like my others, which I really like. This one is just a summary on why I lost all my wisdom [teeth]. Oh, well, I'll try to keep it interesting, unless of course I don't feel like it and then I'll talk about whatever the hell I want to. I can't decide yet if I like this thing better because I can express myself or because I can choose to share it with people I want to understand/become closer to me. Anyhow.
I had my wisdom teeth out Wednesday and that was evil. I am so sensitive to caffeine and sugar that I had high hopes for the effectiveness of these drugs. I took a valium an hour beforehand and did not feel calm. I'm not a naturally calm person, to put it mildly, so I suppose it brought me closer to calm. Everyone I'd talked to said I wouldn't remember the procedure afterwards and I'd be awake but very out of it. (I chose not to get knocked out.) So he starts the gas and hooks up pulse and blood pressure monitors. I get headphones and a radio and right about then I realize my doctor bears a startling resemblance to HANNIBAL LECTOR from Silence of the Lambs. Haha. Gas continues and he tells me my heart is beating so fast the meds aren't going to stay in me as well. I had extra valium prescribed. I remember the entire experience. I watched, curious, the whole time, actually got up to use the restroom in the middle of the procedure, which was to remove all four impacted teeth. I can tell you what songs I heard. I went home, not feeling too much THEN (keyword), and took penicillin and vicodin. I realized very quickly I did not like that vicodin - it made me constantly irritable, dizzy, and made it hard to breathe and I couldn't take my asthma meds. I stopped taking it and switched to just Extra Strength Tylenol, which sucked, and the side effects of vicodin took days to leave my system. Meanwhile, my face looked like Spongebob's, quite square. After much badness, I still feel throbbing and live for Advil but consider this improvement. Also, I don't look like a squirrel anymore. Tomorrow morning will find me back in the clutches of the Lector man, hopefully with good news that I'm fine and stitches will come out - they are poking me, hurting, and seriously impairing my candy-eating habits.
No comments:
Post a Comment