Friday, November 14, 2008

My Mother Just Joined Facebook

My mom called me about an hour ago to announce that she had just joined Facebook.  I was initially amused and a little freaked out--did I have anything on my page that I wouldn't want her to see??  This is what I get for teaching my cousin David how to use the wonderful world of Facebook--he invited her to join!  :P

But then I became very happy about this new development.  (And slow development--my mom said it took her forever to figure out how to get a profile pic up.)  I added her as a "friend" so I could check out her page.  I changed my status to note my amusement.  More than amusement, though.

It's silly how realizations are sometimes made, but my mom's joining Facebook made me realize how much I miss her.  Because my trip home in September was thwarted by Hurricane Ike, I haven't seen her since beginning of August, and that's a fair amount of time.  I am looking forward to seeing her in just over a week for Thanksgiving more than ever now.  I miss her and her youthful zaniness, such as joining Facebook and being excited about it in the first place!  We are so similar!  I think it'll be fun to have her around my virtual space.

Unrelatedly but still excitingly, the high tomorrow is 65 and the low is 37.  Yahoo!  Cold party, anyone?  I had festivities of my own already--I took a break from work and tried on short skirts and tall boots.  Gotta get the grad work done so I can go out in my winter weather wardrobe!  LOVE it.

1 comment:

Natalia Alma said...

Cute post! Your mom's adorable!

As long as you don't announce your "pregnancy" again on facebook, you should be good.