I signed up for a free body fat measurement at my gym and as it turns out, I also got a consultation and 30 minutes "on the floor" to learn new routines. Matt, my trainer dude for the day, talked with me about using my core, nutrition, blah blah blah. He told me about equipment you wear on your arm that measures how many calories you burn per minute and said one woman he worked with got her number way up even while sleeping because she was gaining muscle and activating those muscles. He talked about how she lost inches and got trim---to which I replied, "And then I can eat more!" Yes, folks, I am that weird. Mmm. Granted, I don't really intend to eat more so much as just not worry about what I eat. But I am a foodie and I do enjoy the experience of eating. And really, don't women look forward to getting to eat more when they're pregnant?
I also told him my primary goal for going to the gym these days is for increased energy, useful for working on my thesis/writing. Because quite frankly, I am going to need a ton of energy to get through my final year of grad school. To the gym!!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"But I am a foodie and I do enjoy the experience of eating. And really, don't women look forward to getting to eat more when they're pregnant?"
Oh no! Watch out for ending paragraphs on a pregnancy note! If I didn't get previously fooled by your facebook status, this would have fooled me again! :)
Post a Comment